Don’t miss out on our final 0% financing Deals!
Putting an image onto a glass object—such as a glass ornament, awards, mirror, or window—is a way to personalize and decorate. With digital printing you can apply any type of image that you want on glass. Also, because there are so many things you can decorate by printing on glass it is a great way to start a niche business. Our favorite way to print on glass is with a DigitalHeat FX System… because it is easy efficient and has excellent results.
With a digital printer you have the ability to print full color transfers. That means you can print vibrant portraits, illustrations, landscapes and more. These can then be heat applied to a variety of glass objects to create long-lasting keepsakes and glass decorations.
Start with great art. CorelDraw, Photoshop or other professional software. If you aren’t a great graphic artist, you can use a service like coldesi-graphic.com
1. Start with great art. CorelDraw, Photoshop, or other professional software. If you aren’t a great graphic artist, you can use a service like coldesi-graphic.com
2. Put the EZ Peel Hard Surface Paper in your OKI White Toner Printer
3. Using the Print Optimizer Software, set up your art accordingly so that you can print several designs in one pass.
4. Adjust the heat and pressure on your Hotronix Fusion Heat Press to ensure you are getting even heat on your glass object. But be careful – use a medium pressure to ensure the glass doesn’t break
5. Cut out your design from the transfer paper and apply it to the glass with Heat Transfer Tape.
6. Refer to the EZ Peel Hard Surface Paper instructions for time, temperature, and pressure information.
7. After you heat press the picture onto the glass, let it cool completely. We recommend the use of an ice pack.
8. You can then peel the transfer away from the glass and will be left with a vibrant photo that looks like it was printed directly onto the glass.
9. Then, refer to your paper instructions again for the finishing step which is done in the oven.
Once you know how to print on glass, you can design and personalize custom glass ornaments. This is an easy way to start a niche business…especially during the holidays. Because ornaments are small and the EZ Peel Hard Surface Paper is 11”x17”, you can affordably print several glass ornaments at once.
Photos are the best way to customize a glass ornament. A digitally printed, professionally quality portrait on a glass ornament, like the ones in the video, looks awesome. These are the kind of things that get the buyer’s attention. Christmas and the surrounding holidays are a great time to print memorable designs on glass ornaments. Baby’s First Christmas, Best Friends, Family Photos, Weddings & Anniversaries are just a few popular ways to get customers excited.
You can find glass ornaments for as little as $4 apiece. But if you wanted to get a higher quality glass, like crystal, you could easily increase your retail value. After a quick search on Etsy, we found that custom ornaments retail for around $30. But here’s the thing… none of them are digitally printed, full-colored portraits! That means you are automatically ahead of the online competition.
Selling personalized things is much easier than ever. Have you seen ads on Facebook for custom t-shirts, signs, cards, mugs, etc…. imagine a custom glass printed ornament ad on social media around the holidays?
Overall printing on glass is something that is easy to learn and can be a very profitable endeavor. What is especially exciting is that white toner printing systems are fairly new to the market. They have been around long enough to have proven themselves to be a great technology, but not long enough where the market is saturated. You can offer printed glass ornaments that no one in your area can even produce. This is an exciting technology and a great way to print on glass.
There's a BIG DEAL going on RIGHT NOW! Find out more and get your questions answered.